50 Interesting Facts About Google
50 Interesting Facts About Google : Google is a word that people all over the world know. It started in 1998 and today it has become an important part of our daily life. We use it everyday, but do not know much about it. Let us tell you 50 interesting facts about Google today. 50 interesting facts, 50 Amazing facts about Google.
- Richest person in the world uses Signal app not WhatsApp, but why?
- What is Signal app, best option after WhatsApp
When a user uses the Internet, he needs any type of information, then first of all uses Google. Google helps us in everything, so it is also called Google Baba.
There is a common belief that Google knows everything, but do you also know everything about Google. If not, after reading 50 facts about Google mentioned in this post, you will know everything about Google. So let’s know interesting things about Google.
50 Amazing Facts About Google
- Google started in 1996, which means that now Google is almost 23 years old.
- But Google was founded in 1998 and Google celebrates its birthday on 27 September.
- Yahoo search engines were used before Google came.
- Google is actually the wrong spelling of Googol. Googol is a very large number that takes 100 zeros. The domain named Googol was already booked, so when registering the domain it had to be named Google.
- Shortly after the arrival of Google, Google gained huge popularity and Google overtook Yahoo, reaching number one.
- The Google search engine was created by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Which is the most used search engine in the whole world today.
- Google Doodle first appeared on the Google home-page in 1998.
- A large Google team looks after the work of Google Doodle, which produces videos and graphics of Google Doodle.
- Google puts Google Doodle on its homepage on a big day or on the birthday of a particular person. For example, on October 2, a photo of Gandhiji is put in place of Google Logos.
- By clicking on “I’m Feeling Lucky”, you can see all the logos of Google so far.
- Vivo X21s With In-Display Fingerprint Sensor, Snapdragon 660 SoC Launched: Price, Specifications
- Nokia 8.1 Spotted in List of ARCore Supported Devices, Launch Appears Imminent
Facts About Google #1
- Google started its email service Gmail in April 2004. Due to fast email sending, this service became popular in no time.
- The idea of Gmail was given by Rajan Set when he went to Google for an interview.
- Google bought the Android company in 2005. Today the popularity of Android phones is so high that about 80% of smartphones use Android system only. Meaning 9 out of every 10 phones are Android.
- It was only in 2005 that Google launched the google map and google earth app.
- Google bought YouTube in 2006 for US $ 1.65 billion.
- Now about 6 billion hours of videos are watched every month on YouTube.
- The Google company earns $ 20 million every year from advertising. Which is more than the earnings of such giants like CBS, NBC and FOX.
- In 2014, 89% of Google’s revenue came from advertising.
- When you search “askew” in Google, the page tilts slightly to the right.
- Google’s search engine is 100 million gigabytes, in order to save this much data, we will need 1 lakh drivers of 1 terabyte (TB).
Facts About Google #2
- Google made its first tweet in the computer language binary, in which 0 and 1 were used.
- The tweet that Google had tweeted earlier was, “0 0001001 01100101 01100101 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101100 01110101 01100011 01101011 01111001 00001010”. In English it means “I’m feeling lucky”
- Google earns around Rs 1,30,900 a second.
- In 2000, Google introduced adword on which advertisers can run their ads.
- Google’s Head Office has 200 goats for mowing.
- Google does not keep a grass cutting machine to cut grass because the noise emanating from it causes problems to the office people.
- When you search “atari breakout” in Google, you can play a game.
- The Googlesucks.com domain is owned by Google.
- A woman, who leased her garage to Larry Page and Sergey Brin while building Google, was later made CEO of YouTube.
- The total size of Google Earth’s database is over 20 Petabytes.
Facts About Google #3
- On August 16, 2013, Google’s website was down for 5 minutes. At that time there was a 40% drop in global Internet traffic.
- Microsoft pays you to use Bing instead of Google.
- When a Google employee dies, his spouse gives half his salary for 10 years and his children are given $ 1,000 per month until he turns 19.
- With the help of Google Map, you can see the ships and creatures under the sea water.
- When Google launched Gmail on 1 April 2004, many people thought that it was just to make April Fool.
- Google’s first computer storage was made from LEGO.
- Google’s name was “Google” just by chance. The founders had named it Googol.
- Google had also taken the 466453.com domain because the mobile keypad which contains the number and invalid was typed only by pressing the button 4666453. So even if someone has selected the numbering, he will still reach Google’s site.
- Spelling mistake in writing Google, Googlr.com, Gooogle.com etc. domain is the owner of Google itself.
- Google’s team consists of 14% of employees who never went to college.
- 5 Mobile Apps You Won’t Believe Exist
- 81 Percent Indian Users Do Not Have Any Features According To Their Smartphone
Facts About Google #4
- Google Translate searches up to 10 years old document when it translates something.
- YouTube is the world’s largest search engine after Google.
- Some Google employees make more than $ 90,000.
- Google has a database of 25 million books that are not allowed to be read.
- Google has hired camels to show desert roads.
- Google has removed 1.75 billion sites due to copyright infringement.
- The CEO of Amazon put $ 250,000 on Google in the initial time, now they are worth around 2.2 billion.
- Google spends $ 110 million annually on the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button.
- You can roam the Grand Canyon with the help of Google Street View.
- Google’s head quarter is called Google Plex.
This was 50 interesting things and information about Google. You will hardly know about these fun and interesting facts about Google. Maybe you know about some of these but not all of them.
Lots more information about Google, which we will talk about in the future. Hope you have liked this article after getting all this information about Google.