Glycerin Uses Benefits Side Effects
Benefits of Glycerin: So far, you must have heard about glycerin that film and TV stars use to extract fake tears. But when you learn about its beauty benefits, you will be really surprised. Visually thick white liquid glycerin acts as a medicine on your skin.
Wrinkles, fine lines, dry patches, aging, skin infection and no matter what kind of skin problems there is, there can be no better alternative than glycerin. Due to its unmatched properties, it is used in almost every other skin care beauty product. The benefits and side effects of glycerin are many. Glycerin is suitable for all skin types, especially those with dry skin.
What is Glycerin?
Glycerin (or glycerol) is a plant-based liquid discovered accidentally by a Swedish philosopher in 1779, even while he was heating a mixture of olive oil. Physically glycerin is a sweet-tasting transparent fluid. It is soluble in both water and alcohol. It can be used to treat skin problems for cosmetic purposes. In fact, pure glycerin draws out moisture from the deeper layers of the skin and dehydrates it and soaks up the moisture in the skin.
- If your lips are cracking or the lips have become dark, apply glycerin directly on the lips. It stimulates the cells of our lips and makes them come alive.
- If you want to remove the blackness of the neck, make a mixture of turmeric, lemon juice, rose water and glycerin in the gram flour and apply it from top to bottom on the neck with a brush and wash it with water when it is dry.
- Rubbing lemon peels on blackened elbows with glycerin will also remove the blackness of elbows.
- To make the nails shiny and strong, mix lemon juice and a few drops of glycerin in lukewarm water and keep the nails in that water. This will bring life to your nails and they will look beautiful.
- To get rid of torn ankles, mix one teaspoon glycerin, one teaspoon lemon juice and one teaspoon rose water in it if you want, apply this mixture on the ankles and let it dry for a while and after that wear socks overnight. In the morning wash your ankles with lukewarm water. Within a few days, your torn heels will appear soft.
- If the skin gets cut or scratches while shaving, applying glycerin does not irritate the wound.
- You can also use glycerin to keep your hair organized and smooth.
- Wearing diapers can relieve pain in children if the glycerin is applied to the skin rashes.
If you use glycerin and rose water every day to take care of your skin, then it will give you many benefits, not one. In addition to making the skin soft and shiny, there are many benefits of glycerin. Let’s know about them –
- Improve facial tone
- Remove black heads
- Get impeccable skin
- For anti aging
Side Effects Of Glycerin
Glycerin has not been used since today but has been used since old times. By the way, most people do not get any harm from it. But experts say that if glycerin is not used properly, in some cases it can also cause redness, burning, itching on the skin. In addition, glycerin is strongly affected by weather effects. Its use gives better results in winter or in low temperature season than in summer.