Bill Gates Biography
Bill Gates Biography – Bill Gates is one of the richest man in the world. He is a big American businessman, who is the co-founder of computer programmer Microsoft. Microsoft is the largest software company in the world. This company was started in 1975, since then Bill Gates has worked in this company in different positions, he has been Chairman, CEO and Chief Software Architect. Bill Gates’ name is inscribed in the pages of history for bringing a revolution in the personal computer world. He is one of those great industrialists, who have raised their name very high in the whole world on the strength of their hard work, dedication.
Since 1987, the name of Bill Gates has been continuously appearing in the list of the richest man in the world. Bill Gates was first included in the list of the world’s richest men in 1987, after which he was the world’s richest man continuously from 1995 to 2007. After this, he again joined this list in 2007, which remained till 2014. In August 2016, Gates again became the world’s richest man, with an income of $ 90 billion. Their income has increased by $ 15 billion compared to 2014.
Bill Gates Life Introduction And Biography
|Life Introduction Point||Bill Gates Biography|
|Full Name||William Henry Gates III|
|Born||28 October 1955|
|Place of Birth||Seattle, Washington, US|
|Parents||Mary Maxwell Gates – William H Gates|
|Sister||Libby Gates, Christy Gates|
|Wife||Melinda Gates (1994)|
|Children||• Jennifer Katherine Gates
• Fowey Adele Gates
• Rory John Gates
|Known for||The co-founder of Microsoft|
Bill Gates Biography
Bill Gates was born on 28 October 1955. His father William H Gates was a good lawyer, while mother Mary Maxwell was one of the boards of directors of the ‘First Interstate Bank System’ and ‘United Way’. Bill has one elder sister and one younger sister. Bill’s father was a lawyer, so he was encouraged to be competitive from an early age.
Bill Gates met Melinda French in 1989, who was much younger than him. She was working in his company Microsoft itself. Both came close to each other, after which Bill married Melinda in 1994. They have three children.
Bill Gates Education
At the age of 13, Bill Gates was enrolled in the Lakeside School, due to which Bill’s interest in computers grew. At the young age of 13, Bill Gates himself made a software program in the school computer. When Bill Gates reached high school, he, along with some of his friends, had computerized the school’s payroll system. From here it is known that Bill Gates had computer program feeds in his mind even from childhood, which were no less than a gift from God.
Paul Allen, with whom Bill later built such a big business, used to be his senior at school. The two became good friends and during school time together, both of them created a program named ‘Traf O Data’ for traffic counter, which was based on Intel 8000 processor. Bill’s age at this time was only 17 years.
In 1973, Bill passed his schooling. Bill was a national scholar on the SAT exam, scoring 1590 out of 1600. After this Bill enrolled in Harvard College. In college, Bill used to spend most of his time in the computer, he did not pay any attention to his other subjects. His friend Allen advised him that he should leave college and start a business.
Bill Gates Career Highlights
- Bill Gates and his friend Allen together formed the Microsoft company in 1975, which was initially known as Micro-Soft. These people started with a program named ‘BASIC’, it is the famous programming language of microcomputer. This experiment was successful, after which he started developing programming languages for other systems. In a short time, Bill Gates’s company Microsoft started climbing the ladder of success. In less than 5 years, the Microsoft company started coming in the public eye.
- A deal was offered to Microsoft by ‘International Business Machines (IBM)’ in 1980. IBM asked Microsoft to write a ‘basic interpreter’ for their upcoming personal computer. Microsoft created the PC DOS operating system for IBM, in exchange for which IBM paid a one-time fee of $50,000.
- Soon the Microsoft operating system became famous all over the world, after which on 20 November 1985, Bill Gates’s company Microsoft presented an operating environment named ‘Windows’ to the world. It acted as the operating system shell for ‘Microsoft DOS’. After this, within a few years, Windows had completely occupied the personal computer market of the whole world. 90% of the shares of personal computers were in the name of Windows. The Microsoft company had achieved unprecedented financial success. Bill Gates was the largest shareholder of the Microsoft company, so Bill Gates got the full benefit of the company’s success. Bill Gates had made a huge amount in his name from this company, due to which he was also included in the list of the world’s richest men for the first time in 1987. Bill Gates made such a big achievement in his career of just 11 years.
- In 1989 Microsoft started ‘Microsoft Office’. This Microsoft Office was like a package, in which many applications like Microsoft Word and Excel could run simultaneously in a single system. Also could run in any Microsoft product. Microsoft Office became a huge success, after which Microsoft’s operating system was monopolized in the world of personal computers.
- In the 1990s, when the Internet was spreading like a spider web all over the world, Bill Gates was paying attention to Microsoft, and working rapidly to develop it, so that he could provide their users software solutions through the Internet. The ‘Windows CE Operating System Platform’ and ‘The Microsoft Network’ were one of the great developments of that time.
- Bill Gates resigned as CEO in the Microsoft company in 2000, but he was still posted as chairman. He made a new position ‘Chief Software Architect’ for himself in Microsoft company.
- Over the next few years, Bill Gates started giving his work at Microsoft to others, and he himself started spending more time in philanthropic work.
- Bill also resigned as chairman in February 2014, and is now working as a technology advisor to Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.
Bill Gates Other Work
- In 1999, Bill Gates donated $ 20 million to MIT College to build a computer lab. The college named it ‘William H Gates Building’ in honor of Bill Gates.
- Together with his wife, Bill created the ‘Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’ in 2000. It is one of the largest private foundations in the world, which aims to increase the health of people in society and reduce extreme poverty around the world.
- In 2010, Bill Gates signed an agreement with a big investor ‘Warren Buffett‘ and Facebook’s founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, under which he would donate half of his earnings to charity.
Bill Gates Awards
- In 2002, Bill Gates and his wife Melinda were given the ‘Jefferson Award’ for good social work.
- In 2010, Gates was given the ‘Bower Award’ by the Franklin Institute for his achievements in Microsoft and his philanthropic work.
- Gates and his wife also have a foundation in India, through which they work for the poor here. For this great work, Bill Gates and his wife Milinda were honored with India’s third highest honor ‘Padma Bhushan’ by the Government of India in 2010.
- Many films, documentaries, video clips have been made on Bill Gates. Many books have also been written on these, which are mainly taught in business school. Bill Gates is a great inspiration for all the youth of the world.
Bill Gates Interesting Facts
- Bill Gates’ childhood nickname was ‘Trey’.
- The first computer program that Bill Gates wrote was the ‘Tic-Tac-Toe’ game.
- During school days, Bill always used to say in front of his friends that he would be a millionaire at the age of 30. His words were true, at the age of 31, Bill Gates had become a real Millionaire.
- Bill Gates was arrested in 1977 in New Mexico for driving without a license.
- In 1994, the Codex Lester, a collection of pages by Leonardo da Vinci, was bought by Bill Gates at an auction for $30.8 million.
- Bill Gates is very sorry that he does not know any foreign language.
- After meeting Facebook’s co-founder Mark, for the first time, Bill Gates created his account in Facebook, before that he was not active in social media.
- If the Microsoft company had failed, Bill Gates would have been an innovator in artificial intelligence.
- Despite Bill Gates having so much wealth, he has said that 10 million dollars are vested in his property in the name of each of his children. Apart from this, no additional amount will be given to their children.
- Bill Gates’ favorite business book is ‘Business Adventure’.
- Bill Gates was awarded an honorary degree by Harvard University in 2007. This is the same university that Bill Gates left midway 32 years ago.
- Gates does not have any education degree.
- Bill Gates visits India almost every year, and works here for the upliftment of the poor.
So friends, this was the biography of Bill Gates, if you liked this article, then definitely share it with friends.