Interesting And Amazing facts about Holi
Friends, today I am going to tell you something about Holi, Holi is such a festival which is celebrated all over India on a single day. It is the largest festival in India. So friends, today we tell you some interesting facts about Holi.
Belonging to Lord Shiva
In religious terms, in Holi, people make their costumes with colorful faces with different colors and clothes are of Lord Shiva’s ganas. His dance song Hududang Machana and Shivaji’s scene of the procession is present. Hence the association of Holi is also associated with Lord Shiva.
Holi of country and abroad
Holi is celebrated in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Mauritius as per Indian tradition. Holi is the only festival celebrated all over the world. As you know that many people of Hinduism are spread all over the world, who gradually made Holi a famous festival which is enjoyed by foreign people also. On the occasion of Holi, there is also a crowd of foreigners in India.
Here are 15 Interesting facts about Holi
- Holi is a festival of colors.
- One of the biggest festivals of Hindus is the festival Holi.
- In the Hindu calendar, it is celebrated only on the full moon of the month of Phalgun.
- A lot of stories are attached to the festival of Holi. The most important story of these is that of Prahlada. People believe that Prahlada’s father Hiranyakashyap was very forceful. He had placed a ban on taking the name of God in his kingdom.
- Holi festival is celebrated for two days. Holika is burnt on the first day and Holika Dahan takes place on the second day. And people also play color Gulal a lot on this day.
- Perhaps you will know that people do apply tilak on the forehead before applying color on each other’s face.
- The name of this festival was named ‘Holi’ after the name of Holika, the sister of the demon king ‘Hiranyakashyap’.
- There is a famous saying of this festival ‘Bura na mano holi hai’. People often use this proverb when dyeing each other.
- Holi is celebrated on this day in memory of the devotee Prahlada.
- On the day of Holi, people go to each other to sing and play color Gulal.
Amazing Holi Facts
- Holi is a festival of love and unity and signifies the victory of good over evil.
- People believe that on the day of Holi, people forget their old enmity and embrace each other on this day.
- Holi is one such festival which is celebrated all over the country.
- This festival is celebrated with pomp in Nepal and other Indian diaspora countries except India.
- Where Lord Krishna was born, Holi is celebrated for 16 days.