Google History and Development
Google History and Development: At this time, the first name that one gets to hear after stepping into the world of internet is Google. Almost all the people who use the Internet are aware of this name and also use it in different ways, but very few people actually know What is Google? What is google history? In fact, Google is a multinational technology (international technology) company, which provides Internet related services (features) and products (products) to people as a service. Under this service comes online advertising technology, search cloud computing, software, hardware etc.
- 81 Percent Indian Users Do Not Have Any Features According To Their Smartphone
- Alcatel 3T 8 tablet launches in less than Rs 10000
History of Google
Google was founded in January 1996 during the discovery of Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Not only this, both were studying PhD from Stanford University. At this time, both PhD students had defined it in their research by the name of search engine, after which it was named Google. The word Google comes from another word Googol (Google history).
The (concept) behind this search engine was to make a comparison between two similar websites. In ‘Googol’ 100 zeros are installed after the 1st. Initially this search engine was used for Stanford University and was run under the official website of this university.
Establishment of google
Google was initially funded by Andy Bechelshim, one of the founders of Sun Microsystems. This funding was given to it when Google was not available in the market in any way and was not earning any kind of money. Seeing its success, funding was again received by three more ‘Angel Investor’. These three angel investors were Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, Stanford University science professor David Cheriton, and entrepreneur Ram Sriram.
After such investments in late 1998 and early 1999 (In Google history), Google received $25 million in funding on July 7, 1999. Many investors were present in this funding. These large investors included the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Cofield & Byers and (Sequoia Capita) Sequoia Capita.
In early 1999, Brin and Page decided to sell Excite to Google. He met the CEO of this company, George Bell, and offered to sell it for $1 million, although George turned down the offer. Vinod Khosla, one of the main investors of Excite Company, though brought the deal from $1 million to $750,000 million, but George Bell still turned it down.
Information or facts about google
The special things related to Google are as follows:
- Google’s IPO (Initial Public Offering) was done in the year 2004. In this program, Larry Page, Sergey Brin, and Eric Schmidt decided that the three would work together for 20 years. Therefore, by 2024, all three will run the Google company together.
- In the IPO program, 19,605,052 offers were shared by Google. The price per share was set at $85. This share was sold online with the help of a server, which was built by Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse.
- The sale of this stock resulted in a market capitalization of more than $ 23 billion for the Google company. At present there are 271 million shares under Google.
Progress of google
Google is such a company, which has made a lot of development in a very short time. Following are the various stages of google history and development
- In March 1999, Google made its office in Palo Alto, California. At this time, many companies starting up under Silicon Valley were working here at the same time.
- In the year 2000, Google started selling and promoting, in which keyword technology was used. Keyword arbitration selling was first done for Goto.com. This website was a spin-off of idealab, which was created by Bill Gross.
- In 2001, Google received a patent for its PageRank mechanism. The patent was formally granted to Stanford University, with Lawrence Page named as the inventor.
- In 2003, the company established its official complex at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California. This place is now known as Googleplex. The interior of Googleplex is by Cleave Wilkinson.
- In the year 2005, a 700% increase was found in Google’s third quarter profit. Similarly, in 2009 it was seen that more than 1 billion political researches were done daily in this search engine. In May 2011, the number of monthly Google visitors exceeded 1 billion for the first time. Here the figure was 931 million in the year 2010.
- In the year 2012, Google earned 50 billion annually. This was the first time that Google could earn so much money in a year. At the end of the year 2012, it was seen that the company is increasing its profit by 8% in the quarter of the year and 36% in its overall profit as a year.
- In the year 2013, Google formed a company named Calico, which was kept attached with Apple Inc. On September 27 this year, Google celebrated the fifteen year anniversary of its company. Celebrating 18 years of its company in the year 2016, Google released an animation on its web browser called Doodle, which was seen on Google web browsers around the world.
- Google is currently also working closely with organizations like Facebook, Intel, Microsoft and many other companies. As of October 2016, Google has about 70 offices in 40 countries around the world, employing thousands of people. Google is currently the most visited website in the world. Many other services like YouTube, Blogger etc. run well under Google.
Where is Google data center?
As of the year 2016, Google has named and is still running 9 data centers across the United States. Apart from this, 2 data centers in Asia and 4 data centers in Europe have been prepared. In December 2013, Google announced that such a data center would also be built in Hong Kong. In October 2013, the United States National Security Agency blocked communication between Google data centers under a program called ‘Muscular’, because Google did not encrypt data within its network. After this, from the year 2013, Google started encrypting the data being sent to its data center.
Google’s easiest-to-operate data center runs at a temperature of 35 degrees centigrade. Its servers are often so hot that a person cannot stand there for more than a few moments. By the year 2011, there were a total of 900,000 servers in all of Google’s data centers. This figure was based on energy use. However, Google never disclosed how many servers it has in total.
In December, Google announced that from 2017 Google will use 100% renewable energy or never-ending energy for its data centers and offices. If this happens, Google will become the world’s largest company using renewable energy. A total of 2600 MW of electricity will be required to run this company, which will be met by electricity made from solar energy and wind energy.
Google search Engine
The trend of other features of Google may be less in common people, but Google engine is used with every internet user. This can be gauged from the fact that in the year 2009 (in google history), Google was being used the most in the US market as compared to other search engines. Google’s share in the US market was 65.6%.
In 2003, the New York Times complained about the process of Google indexing. The New York Times said that Google’s catching of information for its website was against the process of copyright. In this case, the District Court of the United States decided in favor of Google on the basis of Field v. Google. Under the publication ‘The Hacker Quarterly’, an eventary (data museum) of words was created, which could not search engines under the technology of quick search.
In July 2010, Google updated its image search based on Bing to allow users to see thumbnails of images while streaming. In the year 2013, the news of Humming Bird update came to the Google search engine. With its arrival, it was easy for the user that now he could search in common language without taking care of the keywords.
In August 2016, Google made two big announcements for this. The first announcement was to remove the term ‘mobile friendly’ from the Google search engine so that highlighted pages are easier to understand on mobile, and second, that from January 2017, all mobile pages that were of the hidden intermediate type would be removed. From May 2017, Google was going to introduce something like ‘Personal Tab’ in its search engine.
Google customer services
The various services provided by Google for its users are described below. These services are mainly online services. Some services are known to the people, but some services remain untouched by the common people. Here all the services ie services are being described.
1. Google website hosting services
Google has started many types of web based services for its users. Gmail for email, Google Calendar for time management, Google Maps for navigation, satellite imagery and mapping, Google Drive for cloud storage, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides for productivity, Google Photos for photo storage and sharing, Google Keep for note taking process, Google Translator for language translation, YouTube for watching and sharing videos, Google Plus, Allo, Duo as a social site.
2. Service software google
Google has developed the Android mobile operating system. Almost all mobile companies made and traded smartphones using this system. With this Google made many things like Smartwatch, Smarttelevision, etc. Google’s made Google Chrome is quite popular in the browser. Its another web browser is Chrome OS.
3. Google hardware products list
In January 2010, Google released a smartphone named Nexus One under the Nexus brand. In the year 2016, the name of this brand was changed to Pixel. Its other services related to hardware are being described below.
- Year 2011 Chromebook was launched as a new type of computer. This computer used to work under Chrome OS.
- In the year 2013, Google invented a dongle called Chromecast. With the help of this dongle, a user could play the content contained in his mobile phone on the TV.
- In June 2014, Google announced Google Cardboard. Using this one could enjoy virtual reality media. In April 2016, it was reported that Google had hired Rick Osterlow, the former president of Motorola Mobility, to run its hardware division.
- After this, many things related to Google’s hardware were launched. At this time Pixel and Pixel XL smart phones, Google Home, Daydream View Virtual Reality Headset, Google WiFi were launched.
Google internet service
In the month of February 2010, Google announced the Google Fiber project. So that the facility of ultra high speed internet can be reached to more and more people. Under this network, there was a plan to provide internet facility to 50,000 – 500,000 people.
Later this project was handed over to Google’s ‘Alphabet Inc’. In April 2015, Google announced Project-Fi. It was a mobile network operator that could use Wi-Fi and cellular signals simultaneously, so that users could get high-speed internet access.
In September 2016, Google made up its mind to set up public Wi-Fi at major railway stations in India. With this project of Google, about 3.5 million people take advantage of internet service in India every month. By December of this year, this facility was implemented at 100 major railway stations of India. This number is going to increase further.
Criticism of google
This company has faced criticism from many people due to too much development in a short span of time. The allegations of many people etc. have also come true. The things Google has come under the most criticism for are excessive tax avoidance, neutrality search, copyright, censorship and gender discrimination. Although Google has registered its name in the five largest companies of America, but it is the lowest tax paying company among these five companies.
It is also alleged on Google that it pays less money to women working here than men. In this way, many types of questions have been raised on Google.
Facts about google company
- Internationally, Google has offices in 40 countries. Many tasks of product research and development operation are also done under these offices. The work of Google Map development is done in Sydney and the work of Android development is done in London.
- In November 2013, Google made plans to build a new Google headquarters in London. Its campus was spread over 1 million square feet, in which 4,500 employees could work. In June 2017, a plan for a new headquarters was submitted to Camden Council. If this plan is approved, then roof garden, swimming pool, games area for sports etc. will be built inside this campus.
- In May 2015, Google intended to set up its campus in Hyderabad, India. If this campus is built in Hyderabad, then this campus will be Google’s largest campus outside America. At least 13,000 people will get employment in this campus.
- Google celebrates almost all the festivals around the world and the birthday and death anniversary of all the great people in a unique way on its browser, which is very much liked by the people,
- Therefore, the hard work of many people is involved behind the creation, operation etc. of the Google that we use in our mobile. Most of today’s youth dream of getting a job in Google.
- Actually, seeing the glory and prosperity of Googleplex, any person would like to work in google company, but getting a job here is not easy. It is a multinational company (google history), so it is possible to get a job here only after high-profile education.